Vision and Goals
The Porter School of Environmental Studies strives:
In the Academic Arena
- to serve as the focal point for productive interdisciplinary and international collaborations between researchers from varying fields interfacing with environmental issues;
- to initiate and develop innovative research and teaching fields, which have relevance to environmental studies and have been insufficiently researched by Israeli academia;
- to nurture a new generation of outstanding professionals in the environmental arena.
In the Public Sphere
- to be a leader in addressing environmental challenges facing Israel and its residents – today and in the future;
- to raise acute environmental issues to the public agenda and promote discourse in the local and national levels;
- to make academic knowledge and capabilities available to environmental policy makers in the local and national levels;
- to assimilate environmental awareness into the education and legal systems, the business sector and industry;
- to construct collaborations for environmental betterment with all relevant factors: environmental organizations, government ministries, local government, public sector, business enterprises and industrial factories.