PhD Admissions Guidelines
A precondition to the application and submission of candidacy documents for the Porter School of Environmental Studies (PSES) doctoral program is finding an academic advisor and securing his/her agreement to support and supervise the student's research. PSES is currently beginning to develop its own academic faculty, and our students' advisors are from the various faculties of Tel Aviv University.
The Head of School at PSES requests to meet each of the candidates in person, before their candidacy is discussed by the doctoral committee. Prior to their interviews candidates are requested to provide the following documents:
- TAU / PSES registration form (available in English and Hebrew);
- Declaration of research interests (available in English and Hebrew);
- Masters' degree diploma (original)*;
- Transcript of masters' degree courses including final overall grade and thesis grade*;
- Transcript of grades from undergraduate degree*;
- Résumé (using the PSES format);
- Masters' thesis abstract and name of advisor;
- List of publications, if relevant;
- At least two academic reference letters.
All letters should be addressed directly to PSES, or may be submitted by the candidate provided they are in a sealed and signed envelope.
* Degree certificates and transcripts from universities abroad should first be authorized by the TAU Registrar's Office and Admissions Center.
All documents should be sent as attachments, in one email to Yafa Cohen-Hadari, PhD Program Secretary.