New Programs: Degree and Postgraduate Certification
Presently only a limited number of course offered by the Porter School of Environmental Studies (PSES) are open for Tel Aviv University undergraduate students. Registration for these courses is available to students from all faculties, who are interested in broadening their knowledge and understanding of a variety of environmental issues.
However, new undergraduate programs are underway!
How are gas and oil found? What do geology, ecology and mechanical engineering have in common? What is industrial ecology? Why should engineers and lawyers understand climate change? Or environmental ethics?
PSES is exploring options to engage with partner departments at the university, and open new challenging undergraduate study programs in the upcoming academic year (2014-15). The suggested programs would be first of their kind in Israel and of few schemes globally to offer these unique academic combinations.
Suitable candidates for these programs would have high admission profiles (as is the case for students of engineering, law and geophysics), and demonstrate broad and diverse thinking, interests and aspirations, that reach beyond disciplinary boundaries. Our academic teams are finalizing various aspects of these programs. Pending validation in the spring of 2014, we expect to have the first intakes begin their studies in October 2014.
At the end of 4 years of studies, each of the programs would offer a degree and an additional post-graduate qualification as follows:
- Mechanical Engineering and Geophysics with an Environmental Studies Emphasis:
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering
- Post-degree qualification in Geophysics with an Environmental Studies Emphasis from the department of geophysics in collaboration with the Porter School of Environmental Studies.
- Law and Geophysics with an Environmental Studies Emphasis:
- LL.B from the Faculty of Law
- Post-degree qualification in Geophysics with an Environmental Studies Emphasis from the Department of Geophysics in collaboration with the Porter School of Environmental Studies.
The undergraduate programs will be taught in Hebrew.
For more information please see the program page on our Hebrew website.